Red light therapy is a popular treatment for skin conditions, like acne and psoriasis. But did you know that you can also use red light therapy to tan your skin? In this post, we’ll discuss the benefits of using a tanning bed with red light therapy, and we’ll give you a few tips on how to get the most out of your session. Keep reading to learn more!
How Does A Tanning Bed Work To Provide Red Light Therapy:
A tanning bed emits ultraviolet (UV) rays that penetrate the skin and trigger the production of melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color. The UV rays in a tanning bed are similar to those in natural sunlight, but they are more intense. This can cause DNA damage and increase the risk of skin cancer.
However, some tanning beds also emit red light. Red light therapy uses low-level wavelengths of red light to penetrate the skin and promote collagen production and wound healing. It can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin texture. While red light therapy is generally considered safe, it is important to consult a doctor before using a tanning bed for this purpose.
Red Light Therapy At Home Vs At A Tanning Salon:
If you’re looking for an affordable way to get Red Light Therapy, then at-home Red Light Therapy is the way to go. Devices start as low as $50, and you can use them in the comfort of your own home. There’s no need to schedule appointments or drive to a salon. You can also control the length and frequency of your sessions, so you can tailor them to your needs.
Salons and other offices charge between $30 and $100 per session for Red Light Therapy. It might not seem like a big deal to spend $50 on Red Light Therapy sessions every once in a while, but it adds up over time. And if you miss a few appointments, you’ll end up paying more in the long run. Plus, you’ll have to take time out of your busy schedule to drive to and from the salon. If convenience is important to you, then Red Light Therapy at a salon might be the better option.
What Are Tanning Bed Safety Tips:
Indoor tanning is associated with more than 419,000 cases of skin cancer in the U.S. every year, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the risks before you lie down in a tanning bed. Here are six tips to help you stay safe:
- Don’t spend too much time tanning. The longer you stay in a tanning bed, the greater your risk of developing skin cancer. If you need to tan, try to keep it to no more than 10 minutes per session.
- It is never a good idea to tan before 35. The younger you are when you start indoor tanning, the greater your risk of developing skin cancer later in life.
- Eye protection should be worn at all times. UV rays can damage your eyes as well as your skin, so it’s important to wear goggles or sunglasses that block out 100% of UV rays when you’re in a tanning bed.
- Cover sensitive areas. UV rays can penetrate clothing, so it’s important to wear clothing that covers sensitive areas like your breasts and genitals. If you can’t cover up, try using topical sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher on these areas before you start tanning.
- Avoid makeup and fragrance. Many cosmetics and perfumes contain chemicals that can be activated by UV rays, increasing your risk of developing skin cancer. So it’s best to avoid wearing them altogether when you’re in a tanning bed.
- Check for signs of skin cancer regularly. Be sure to examine your skin from head to toe every month, looking for any new or changing moles or freckles—especially ones that are large, have irregular borders, or are multicolored. If you notice anything suspicious, make an appointment with a dermatologist right away.
By following these safety tips, you can help reduce your risk of skin cancer when using a tanning bed.
Who Can Benefit From Red Light Therapy:
Red light therapy is a new, exciting treatment that offers a wide range of benefits for both skin and general health. But who can benefit from it? Let’s take a closer look.
People with acne can often find their condition improves after just a few sessions of red light therapy. The same goes for people with psoriasis, eczema, and wrinkles. Red light therapy can also help reduce sun damage and hair loss.
So, if you’re looking for an effective treatment that can help improve your skin or general health, red light therapy may be perfect for you. Why not give it a try today? You may be surprised at the results.
What Are The Side Effects Of Red Light Therapy:
While rare, there are some potential side effects associated with red light therapy. The most common side effects are erythema or redness of the skin. This is typically mild and goes away within a few hours. Other potential side effects include iritis, or inflammation of the iris, and burns. iritis may cause pain, redness, and tearing, while burns may cause erythema, edema, blistering, and crusting. It is important to consult a doctor before beginning any therapy to ensure that it is safe for you.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Red Light Device:
When looking to purchase a red light therapy device for home use, it is important to keep a few criteria in mind. Size, irradiance, and flexibility are all important factors to consider.
The size of the device will dictate how large of an area can be treated at once. If you are looking to treat a small area, such as your face, then a smaller device will suffice. However, if you are looking to treat a larger area, such as your back or legs, then you will need a larger device.
Irradiance is measured in watts per square inch (W/cm^2). The higher the wattage, the more powerful the device. Higher wattage means the device can emit more photons in a shorter amount of time. This is important because it allows for deeper penetration of the photons into the skin.
Flexibility refers to the ability of the device to be adjusted to target specific areas. Some devices are fixed in place and cannot be moved, while others have flexible arms that can be adjusted to target specific areas. If you have a specific area that you would like to target, then it is important to choose a device with flexibility.
Keep these criteria in mind when shopping for a red light therapy device, and you’ll be sure to find one that meets your needs.
Tanning beds that use red light therapy are becoming more popular. Red light has been shown to have many benefits, including helping with skin problems and reducing inflammation. If you are looking for a way to improve your skin health, red light therapy may be the answer.