This review of circadian optics lumos light therapy device will shine a light on why we need light therapy in the first place and how the circadian optics lamp will help improve your health.
Light is specific in its nature and is important in our everyday lives. It provides us a source to see, it can give us warmth and it can give us energy. This is in terms of sunlight and the benefits that it provides. Sunlight, as our natural source of light is what regulates us as humans and determines when we wake and go to sleep.
This cycle is known to affect our circadian rhythm, and when not properly cared for, or we fail to pay attention to how our circadian rhythm affects our mood and behavior, we begin to become irritable, lose sleep and then health issues begin to arise.
More times than not, we as working humans tend not to get enough recommended amount of light we need to have healthy and thriving bodies. We are constantly on the move and most of us are in a building eight plus hours in a day. This light deprivation cuts into our energy, our ability to sleep comfortably and our ability to think clearer and focus.
This is why we often look for additional sources of “pick me ups” and don’t have a natural reserve of energy when we wake up in the morning. This deprived energy and light concerns has caused scientists to develop light therapy techniques. Let’s take a look at what light therapy is.
How Light Therapy Works
Light therapy is a technique that helps to stimulate our internal body clock through the light we receive from the sunlight or light therapy devices. Light therapy can also be used for different skin conditions and sleep disorders. Light therapy works by harnessing and reproducing the effects of sunlight at a specific wavelength without harmful UV rays and consequences of excessive light exposure.
Why Use the Circadian Optics Lumos Light Therapy Lamp?
The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 virtually eliminates all the effects of sleep and energy disorders while providing a source of harmless but effective light therapy for our benefit. This light therapy device is one of the pioneers of indoor light sources. Indoor light sources provide us with sunlight-like energy and benefits without exposure to the sun.
The circadian optics lamp can be used in the office, at home work office, reading tables, or anyway there is a surface to place it down. This lamp has been proven to provide stellar results for its users. Below, we will provide more indept review of the Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 light therapy lamp.
5 Benefits of Circadian Optics Lumos Light Therapy Lamp
If you are diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or winter blues, light exposure will help reduce the symptoms of SAD. The problem is that there is no sunlight available during the winter, so what other alternative do you have for getting adequate light? This is where the Circadian optics lumos light therapy lamp comes in. It provides you with sunlight-level of light indoors without exposing you to the harmful aspects of excessive sunlight exposure. It gives you the light needed to reduce the symptoms of seasonal affective disorder/winter blues.
The circadian optics lamp will help to uplift and boost your mood. If you find yourself working in the office or always cooped up in a building, then you know you are not getting sufficient exposure to sunlight. Having the circadian optics lumos lamp with you wherever you are will help to reverse the negative effects of inadequate sunlight exposure.
The circadian optics lamp provides relief for sleep disorders. The lamp has circadian in its name for a reason. It helps you to develop and maintain a proper healthy circadian rhythm. Proper exposure to light helps to reset your internal body clock which allows you to sleep timely and wake up well rested.
Sometimes the artificial building lights are just not efficient enough at providing an energetic vibe. The circadian optics lamp does that and so much more. Packed with 10,000 LUX producing LED light bulbs, you are getting more than your fair share of energy boosting light to help fuel you throughout the day.
Natural sunlight is great, We all need more of it on a daily basis. The problem is that we can not be in the sun for too long. If we stay in the sun for too long, then we get health problems like sun burns and skin cancer. While the sun does provide its benefits, the Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 provides the same benefits of the sun at noon, but without the harmful UV rays!
To summarize the benefits listed above, I would say the Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 lamp is a wonderful gadget for your mood, sleep, and any other disorders that light therapy can help you with.
Features of The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 Lamp
- The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 Lamp has high powered LED bulbs producing the recommended 10,000 LUX needed to provide us the benefits we need to have optimal performance throughout the day.
- The Circadian Optics Lumos does not need to be charged every day! For the frequency that you will use it, the product was designed specifically to last up to 50,000 hours of light therapy. That is awesome considering how often you will be using the lamp.
How To Use The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 Lamp
This lamp is easy to use. All you need to do is take it out of the box, plug it in and you are all set to draw in the full-spectrum light for all your benefits.
- Place on your home or office desk. If you are using in your bedroom, you can set it up on your night stand, and just plug it in and you are set.
- The lamp itself has a touch feature, where all you have to do is tap it once for each level of lighting.
- Ideally, you want to be rather close to the light to feel the full effect.
- Hang it overhead in a place of your choice to have the effect of the sun shining down on you.
What’s Inside The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 Lamp Box?
This unique, revolutionary product comes in an interesting box and inside you will find the circadian optics lamp, an adapter and a user guide explaining the different settings and uses of the lamp.
Pros of the Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 Lamp
- The lamp is built to last. The 50,000 hours of use that this product offers is more than you can ask for in a product used for therapy. Even when used daily on a consistent basis over time. The product will still be in full effect and have optimal performance.
- It’s slim and sleek and not a bulky lamp that would take up lots of space on your desk or anywhere that you may want to put the lamp.
- Long lasting LED bulbs prevent the frequent changing of bulbs, ultimately making this a high quality lamp for its specified use case.
- It provides you light that is similar to the sun without the harmful UV rays.
- The lamp head is adjustable, allowing you to rotate it to your preferred positioning.
- It is Easy to switch between the settings that the lamp offers
Cons of The Circadian Optic Lumos 2.0
- Although it serves its purpose well, when using it you have to be awful close to it to receive the full benefits of the light
- You have to sit in front of the light for thirty minutes or more to receive the full benefits and if you are further than the recommended distance, which is about 8 to 16 inches, then you have to sit for a longer period of time to fully benefit from the light therapy.
To Sum Everything Up
The Circadian Optics Lumos 2.0 is an easy to use and maintain product that was created with careful attention to high quality specs and best user experience. Given today’s hustle and bustle lifestyle, the long and sometimes odd work hours, and the lack of proper sunlight exposure, this product was made to counter it all.
The 10,000 LUX that is produced can supply you with sufficient energy for those days that you are just not feeling up to par. It is efficient and it is long lasting with a whopping 50,000 hour span for consumer use. The LED lights that it is equipped with do not burn hot and the sleek and slim design allows you to put it in any spot!
Even though you need to be directly in front of the lamp to receive the benefits, just think about how often and how long we sit down and watch T.V. or sit down and read a book, or sit down at our desks in our office, often times it is more than thirty minutes.
So, if you just set this lamp up on your desk and leave it on, especially at home, you can put it on your night stand and just relax and let the light do its magic. It really is magic though, to actually be able to harness the sun and put it inside and produce all its healing qualities in a lamp. Simply stunning.
All in all, this lamp for light therapy will regulate your internal body clock or better known as the circadian rhythm, when you are feeling drained and drowsy it will supply you with energy, and it can shift you from a sour mood to an upbeat mood. The lamp is revolutionary and a definite great buy. Well worth the investment!
Not what you’re looking for? Check out our other reviews and our best SAD lamp buying guide.